Crown Copyright for federal publications


Canada's federal government does not require permissions, for personal uses or public non-commercial uses (ie. where any charges made are solely based upon cost-recovery), for reproduction of materials produced or published in the federal government -- unless otherwise specified in the material itself.

Permission of the relevant federal government department or entity is always required, on the other hand, where material is to be revised, adapted, translated or otherwise used -- whether or not the purpose is for personal or public non-commercial purposes.